Monday, March 3, 2008

Looking for a Home

Does anyway living in my area have room in their heart and home for a very sweet, very lonely tuxedo kitty? Since Grace's death, of which I wrote recently, her husband has gone into a nursing home and Polly needs a home.

A neighbor wrote me this morning:

It was so sad coming up our lane yesterday afternoon. Grace would usually be sitting at the window -- waiting to see when I returned, or if not Miss Polly would be sitting on the CD player, perkily watching everything outside. Yesterday Polly was lying with her head down, looking very sad and lonely. I understand Carl & Jackie are taking care of Polly, but we're still trying to find her a good home. Please pass the word if you can think of anyone who might be willing to do so.

I have two cats who hate each other and then there're the six dogs . . . Polly is used to a quiet household and to being inside.

So I'm passing this along, hoping someone out there 'needs' a lonely kitty, elderly but so far as I know, in good health. Used to being the joy of two old folks. If you think you might be able to give her a home, email me (vicki_lane (at) mtnarea.net) and we'll talk about getting her to you.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tammy said...

This just breaks my heart. Poor sad little girl. I don't understand people who say animals don't grieve, its so obvious they do. Bless her little sweet face. I hope that a special person/people find it in their heart to adopt her. She deserves a loving home for the rest of her days. These things can be so sad. Heres praying she finds a good home.
Tammy

Susan M. Bell said...

Vicki, I came to this older posting through a link at the bottom of one of your recent ones. I know this was over 3 years ago, but I find myself very curious as to whatever happened to this beautiful kitty. Curious heck, I HAVE to know. Was a new home ever found? I do hope so.