Monday, April 28, 2008

Back from Malice

It's been a long day -- to fly from DC to Asheville, first one flies to Detroit, oddly enough. But I'll post a few pictures from the Malice Domestic convention beginning with the panel composed of four nominees for best novel -- Rhys Bowen (Her Royal Spyness), Margaret Maron (Hard Row), Louise Penny (A Fatal Grace), and Donna Andrews (The Penguin Who Knew Too Much). Elaine Viets ( Murder With Reservations ) the fifth nominee, was unable to attend.

The very charming Louise was the winner and I have to say her Armand Gamache series, set in a Canadian village, sounds intriguing.
(I was rooting for Margaret who is another North Carolinian -- plus I've read most of her novels while I'm not so familiar with the others. )

I was part of a panel on "Gutsy Gals," moderated by Kate Flora ( Theda Kozak series.) In the picture below, Mary Saums (Thistle and Twigg series) and Kate are shown as we gathered to prepare for our panel. Not pictured are Judy Clemens (Stella Crown series), Julia Pomeroy (Abby Silvernale series), and myself.
Seen from the dais as the audience trickles in for our panel -- lots of folks who admire women who can shoot straight and otherwise hold their own.
And after the panel, signing. A gratifying number of folks bought my books and told me they were looking forward to the latest one.
Apologies for this sketchy post -- but I'm off to bed.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Welcome back! I've missed your daily posts. :-) It sounds like you had an intersting time over the weekend. How exciting!
Tammy

Vicki Lane said...

Interesting but not as nice as being at home Am so glad to be back!