Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Waiting Game

While waiting to hear from Herself re Miss Birdie's book, a scene from Douglas Adams's Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (one of my favorite listens of all times) comes to mind.

"Do you have any brandy, French cigarettes, or worry beads?" Dirk asks and, on being told no, says, "Ah, then I shall have to fret unaided."



I am fretting unaided.
Only fair, as Herself had to wait six months, past deadline, for me to get Miss Birdie to her.

Here's a little something to pass the time. I talked a while back about Maira Kalman and her book The Principles of Uncertainty. This is her charming take on the Inauguration.

Possibly better than worry beads.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carol Murdock said...

Vicki......
Since we have all participated in the pregnancy, labor(pant and blow)
the birth, (as viewers)I think it only right that we also worry.
I'm wringing my hands and sweat is dripping from my brow!
However being reminded that this your fifth literary birth, I will resort to the human birth take on this...........
You have been here before and have the Mother thing down pat! So I shall relax and wait without a care in the world! Care to join me?

Carol

Vicki Lane said...

You have the right idea, Carol! I shall attempt to emulate your calm.