Thursday, July 2, 2009

YOU May Be A WINNER!!!

I don't gamble. I don't buy lottery tickets. But several time a year, I invest a stamp and some time in jumping through the various hoops needed to enter the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes.
Find the special stamp HERE and paste it THERE; initial this; verify your address and the directions to your house so that the Prize Patrol can come right to your front door with The Big Check and the red roses. (Ha! They'd better have four wheel drive.) Verify name of local florist. Okay. I've got the vase ready.

They used to include a car as part of the prize -- years ago it was a Jaguar and I was always torn between elegant black and British Racing Green. I made my choice but alas! no Jag. I wonder how much time I've spent, in the past 30-some years, doing these silly entries.

The current Big Prize is staggering -- $100,000.00 a week for a year! Half a million in just five weeks! Over five million by the end of the year!

The mind boggles. Even after government took its hefty share, there should be enough left for a little modest fling.

Or, as the old joke has it, we could just go on farming till it was all gone.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh, now this brings back memories. I used to enter faithfully every month back in the '80's. Good luck, Vicki! :D

Reader Wil said...

Good luck!! I never do lotteries for fear that I win a car. I haven't even got a driving licence!!LOL. Joking apart: if the lottery is for a good course, I buy some lottery tickets. The problem is I never know where I left them and when the date of the draw is.

Vicki Lane said...

If I were a stronger person, I would just toss the whole mess in the paper recycling bag. I never order a magazine from them -- oh, I think once I did sign up for ARCHAEOLOGY just out of curiosity. But there's that lure of what if -- and there I go again . . .