Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Game's Afoot!


Basil, eggplants, and peppers (sweet and hot,)
Flat leaf parsley, golden thyme, winter savory,
 and English thyme. . .


But first there's some weeding to do. . .


The basil goes above the wall . . . 
a dozen plants so I can make lots of pesto . . .


Mudding in the parsley (it goes in the pesto too.)


Lettuce under the shade cloth, 
peppers and herbs in the other beds


There is also kale (red, black, and curly green) and broccoli and collards and cauliflower, cucumbers, purple carrots, and I forget what else. 

Yesterday John and I set out 44 tomato plants -- Cherokee Purples, Heirloom Orange, and lots of San Marzanos.

Next up, corn and beans and squash . . . later in the week.


9 comments:

Ms. A said...

Homegrown is always the best and I envy your garden and cooking skills!

KarenB said...

and we finally got ROW COVERS this year for the cruciferous veggies!! No more extracting 24 caterpillars from the broccoli for dinner!! And I'm getting a blueberry bush. I'm so excited.

Vicki Lane said...

I need new row covers -- my old ones are tattered and torn.

Barbara Rogers said...

What a fine garden you have. May it be abundant this year!

Frances said...

Oh Vicki, I am so impressed by what you've been planting...and already envious of those who will be dining on your homegrown veg before long. xo

L. D. said...

You have such a great layout for you gardens. I will be anxious to see everything growing.

Darla said...

Your gardens are always inspirational! Well, not that I take it to the next step and DO something, but still make me wish that I did! :) Actually, now that we've moved to the Ozarks, we have a hill and some rock walls and tiers so, who knows? Maybe I *will* take the inspiration you provide and do something new. :) Seriously, though…very impressive.

Jime said...

Outstanding Vicki, I can only imagine the effort made and the harvest. You and John are my heroes.

Thérèse said...

So impressed by all your skills, I wish you of course a wonderful havest all along the next three seasons.