Monday, November 14, 2016

Good News for These Times


Claui's blood work is back and everything looks good. And now we know the baby's gender.

I'm excited. Having raised two boys, this will be something a little different. I'm looking forward to participating in the raising of a little girl who will grow up to be a strong woman like her mother -- rather than a Disney princess. 

There will, however, probably be some pink and some ruffles here and there. Maybe a tutu to wear over her overalls.

11 comments:

KarenB said...

New life, new hope. I'm going to suggest A Mighty Girl organization (I follow them on facebook) for wonderful suggestions for books and resources for raising a strong woman.

Vicki Lane said...

Thanks, Karen -- I'll check it out!

jennyfreckles said...

So pleased for you! I'm delighting in my two feisty young granddaughters. The 'Mighty Girl' stuff, as mentioned above is terrific. Just don't ever take her to a standard supermarket. Ours are full of pink Disney!

daybreak said...

What a blessing! She'll be her own person, I guarantee!

Bernie said...

You are going to have so much fun, and already unconditional love. So blessed. xx

NCmountainwoman said...

She'll learn to be a strong woman like her mother AND her grandmother. Hooray!

Frances said...

This good news is very welcome. xo

Stella Jones said...

That's exciting. I felt the same just before Ruby was born, back in June... and it is different!

Carol Crump Bryner said...

Fun, fun, fun. And I'm sure there will be a bit of pink here and there, but also all those strong woman clothes.

Jime said...

Congratulations. Not only be a strong woman but a strong Democrat as well!!

katy gilmore said...

Oh yay! Yay 😊