Monday, December 26, 2016

A Gallimaufry of Christmas


Full tilt Christmas . . .


From Aileen's homemade spinach ravioli on Christmas Eve . . .



To mimosas, ambrosia, cranberry cinnamon rolls, croissants and sausage for breakfast on Christmas morning . . .


To opening presents with the help of dogs (that's Ethan and Aileen's Tally)


To pushing back the furniture to make room for a larger table to accommodate us all .  . .


To the amazing stuffed pork tenderloin Justin made . . .


To Claui's sauteed Brussels sprouts and sweet potato biscuits, along with salad and roasted root vegetables courtesy the Langners . . .



To friends and family around the table . . .



To a dessert table that couldn't be beat with cinnamon ice cream and mini Bundt cakes by Aileen plus an apple tarte and a 'crack pot pie' from Nancy. . .

Oh, my! What wretched excess!



8 comments:

Suz said...

Man, can I get adopted to this wonderful family. And the food!!!! Wow

Bernie said...

Everything sounds delicious! You sound so happy and content, I like that! xx

Barbara Rogers said...

What a wonderful feast, to be remembered by all I'm sure. Great photos. The historian photographer is back at her job again!

Frances said...

You all surely do know how to celebrate! Happy Boxing Day to you and yours. xo

Vagabonde said...

What a sumptuous dinner! That meat looks mouth watering and all the rest of the meal must have been wonderful too. Plus finally being home, with your family, friends, pets and the lovely decorations – a very nice Christmas, indeed.
I did not feel like cooking, went to the take-out Chinese, but it was much better than last Christmas when I had it delivered because I was sick, so it was fine.
Now I am sure your New Year will be fun, too. I wish that 2017 brings you everything you would like, and more.

Anvilcloud said...

I think 'wretched' is the wrong word beginning with 'w'.

Stella Jones said...

You sound so happy in your cosy surroundings and well spoilt too by family and friends. I love to read about and see the different foods that are eaten in different parts of the world so thanks for sharing that too.

katy gilmore said...

Fabulous feast- hooray!